Sunday, October 19, 2008

What Shall I Do???

I have found that I am questioning a lot of things in my life right now and am so confused about what I should do and why I am having these feelings. It makes me think of that poem by Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken. In this poem it says, "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both." At this point I feel like I have multpile roads to travel and can only choose one. The problem is that I don't know which one to travel. One of the biggest things I am questioning is my future and what I want to do with my life. I am in my last year at Cal State Fullerton where, once finished, I will have a Bachelors Degree in Communications. For the past couple of weeks I have been questioning whether or not I really want to do this. Do I really want to work in an office from 9 to 5 and never do anything different from day to day??? Lately I have been thinking about teaching at the elementary level or going into nursing. When I was younger these two professions always intrigued me, but I never really thought about pursuing it. Anyway, hopefully with prayer and contemplation, I will know what I am supposed to do.

Another thingt that I have been questioning is what my pupose here on earth is. Things have gotten so hard lately and I find myself wondering if I am doing the right things and what my Heavenly Father has in store for me. With this Prop 8 situation there is so much controversy and I am having to make definite choices and do things that take me out of my comfort zone. I know things will be okay if I just follow God's commandments and edure to the end showing constant faith in the Lord.

1 comment:

Shahny said...

You know i've been questioning my major lately to: math teacher. I want to go into this profession but part of me jus wants to stay home and take care of the kids. I guess time will only tell. Patience is definitely a virtue.

I read about the Prop 8 the other day. It's a very controversial topic. I know it would be a very hard decision to make. I know what decision I should take but then I think is that the right decision. All I can say is for once I'm glad i dont live in Cali. hehe