Tuesday, November 18, 2008

WE'RE BURNING UP............

..........well....not anymore......but over the weekend, it sure felt that way. I for one was a little worried that we were going to have to be evacuated. We were about 1/2 a mile away from one of the areas that was evacuated. On Saturday I think I got about 2 hours sleep....maybe. I kept waking up and each time, I could see the flames from Carbon Canyon a little closer than before. We even had our stuff packed up just in case. Here are a few pics from my house!!




These shots were taken before I actually saw flames......I tried to get pictures of that but it was too dark and was not showing up on my camera. Plus, the flames didn't make their appearance until about 1am and when I was outside....the coyotes were howling and it was a little scary!!!!
Anyway, I'm so glad that we didn't have to evacuate and my house was okay. My heart goes out to those that lost their homes and I am so thankful to those firefighters who worked round the clock to get these fires out and protect as many homes as possible.

2 comments:

Billy said...

That stuff is always scary good to hear you didn't have to leave your house.

Emily said...

no kidding, I would be totally scared too! You Californians and your fires, what are we going to do with you!!! glad to hear you guys are safe and sound!