Monday, January 19, 2009

MTC Drop

For those that don't know, my brother has decided to serve a mission for our church for the next 2 years. He will be serving the people of Columbia, South Carolina after spending 3 weeks in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo, Utah . Last week we had the opportunity to go to Utah to drop him off and say our goodbyes.

The day started with breakfast at IHOP and then it was off to the MTC. It was a very special day and one that I will never forget. It was also so nice to have my grandparents there along with my cousin Joyce and John. I am also so proud of my brother and the choice that he has made to do this. I know that he will be greatly blessed for his sacrifice and service.

While we could have just flown up, dropped him off, and flown back that same day.....we decided to stay up for a few days and spend time with our cousins. We had such a great time eating, playing, and laughing. I truly love them and am grateful for the opportunity we had to spend time with them. Even now as I write this a part of me is crying inside becasue I am not there. Anyway, below are some pics from our dinner at the spaghetti factory, our day in the snow, and our trip to temple square......


1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh it was a fun week! We are so happy that we got to spend time with you guys! We are so sad you are gone, but FEAR NOT... APRIL will be here soon! We are so happy for Scott and his decision to serve, He will be blessed! Great pictures! I will send mine soon! ~loves!