Monday, January 18, 2010

A Day at the Getty

This past Saturday my mom and I and our friends Sherry and Aubrey decided to take a last minute trip down to LA to see the Getty Museum. Though I have lived in CA my whole life, I had never been and since it is free....we decided, why not? It is so big and pretty interesting. I must admit though, once you've seen 3 or 4 rooms of art, it all starts to look the same. It was very cool to see them though. I actually enjoyed the gardens and the view of LA more. Overall, good little trip. I can now say that I have seen the Getty.

This is a general view of the gardens. In the middle part where it looks like a maze, they have water running through it. It is very neat looking.

So I go a new camera for Christmas and I have to say, it takes some pretty good pics....or maybe that is just the talent of the photographer...haha! Love the close up of the bee. I am really afraid of bees so this makes the pic that much better.

Love the view of LA...if only it was clear...but no, smog is what we get! Anyway, if you look especially close you can see the LA Temple. It is so funny to me that in every other city where there is a temple, it stands out, but in LA it appears smaller that all the sky scrapers...it is still so pretty though!!

3 comments:

Heidi Prince said...

so beautiful wendy! your new camera does take new pictures. you can barely tell the temple from the rest of the buildings! how crazy!

Shahny said...

oooo new camera?? what kind?

Wendy Reves said...

it is a nikon coolpix. I love it!!