Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Curious Case of Missing Socks

Have you ever wondered where your socks go when you put them in the dryer? This has been a question of mine for quite some time. I always find it interesting that you start with two socks on your feet, you take them off and put them in the hamper, take them down to the washing machine, transfer them to the dryer, take them out to fold, and then when you get around to folding your socks, there seems to be one missing. Now if you're like me, then you go back to the washer to make sure one didn't get stuck to the inside, nope, not there. Next you look in the dryer to make sure you gathered all your clothes, nope, not there. Finally, you retrace all your steps, pull the couch cushions out, and dig all through your drawers to make sure that stupid sock has not been left behind. Nope, it is nowhere to be found. What happens to socks? If anybody has any idea, do share because I can't tell you how many socks my dryer has eaten!!!!!

2 comments:

Heidi Prince said...

they are probably with all of my missing socks! :(

Shahny said...

Actually my socks dont go missing. Before I put them in the hamper, I fold them together. Bill says I'm weird, but I've been doing it for like 10 years now and they only go missing when my darn sister takes them. Promise. :)